Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GPS info request..Nextar M3-02

On 11/14/2010 3:47 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Anyone have one of these who can copy the map card and send it to me? Or
as a file?g

I have a Nextar X3-03. You DO need the maps on an SD card. If you want
to mail me your SD card, I'll copy the map files. No assurances of it
working of course, but what can it hurt? BTW, Nextar is a **** GPS. Only
thing mine does well is tell me within a car length or two if I'm off
route on city streets.
NO map updates from Nextar. And worst of all, since I use mine a lot for
yard sales, it takes up to 5 minutes these days to get a decent lock on
the satellites. Even then, it'll biff and lose signal off and on for up
to another 15-20 minutes. But for a freebie, hell, go for it.
I'm pretty sure you know your way around Taft well enough you don't need
it, and if yours shows the same problem mine does, it should finally
have itself sorted out by the time you reach an area you need it.

Jon
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 16:04:12 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

[...]

Anyway to copy the files to a zip file and then email them to me?

If not..Ill send you a chip if Imy buddy cant find the original.

Thanks!

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 11/14/2010 4:48 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:

Anyway to copy the files to a zip file and then email them to me?

If not..Ill send you a chip if Imy buddy cant find the original.

I spent over 10 minutes trying to ZIP everything up, only got half way
through. I'm pretty sure most of the files are fairly well compressed
as-is anyway. Watch your gmail, I'm going to start trickling files to
you in sizes that should pass through OK.

Jon

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

The one I have isn't even any good for telling me if I'm off route.
Only thing it's good for is a moving map, telling me where I am. Dead
accurate at that task, even if it doesn't have a clue where half the
roads in Canada are.

Info request Nick UK diy 23 September 24th 06 09:46 PM
info request Jerry Electronics Repair 1 January 11th 06 08:33 PM
Emerson Horizon 1 VFD info request Gunner Asch Metalworking 5 November 4th 05 03:54 PM
Request for info: AN6516N IC Sam Goldwasser Electronics Repair 3 August 8th 03 12:23 AM