Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Design for the dump?

Jim Wilkins wrote:
On Nov 14, 3:38 pm, wrote:
Although repairable devices are possible, I don't think the world is
ready for what would be required to make them the "norm".

People of 2010 don't want to go back to the 'sixties - even if, when
all is said and done, we'd all be better off for it.

Some things that -are- still repairable are usually replaced. Who has
recut a faucet seat, changed a CPU or rebuilt a carburetor or starter
motor?

jsw

Me , to all four . Just last week I had to replace the float in my truck's
carb . Plastic part , ethanol eats 'em up in a couple of years . Shoulda
rebuilt the starter week-before-last , but I bit the bullet and bought a new
one (son works at the parts store , I get his discount) because of time
considerations . The old one is on the bench to be rebuilt as a spare , just
needs brushes and a tail end bushing .

--
Snag
Got Guns ?