Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Help me figure the cost to charge a Chevy Volt in my town?

RickH wrote:

The up-front sticker premium cost for the vehicle itself still cant be
re-couped in a reasonable lease or years of ownership by the amount it
is saving. But I did think the power would cost more than $2.64,
thats not too bad. Basically you are getting the energy output of a
gallon and a half of gasoline (in this car) for that $2.64 worth of
electrons. ...

That assumes full power draw that entire 5-hours; I'd reckon it doesn't
pull close to that for a significant fraction of that time.

So, that part's an overestimate of cost but US nominal voltages are
120/240V so that using 220V is underestimating so it probably about
balances out...