Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
amdx amdx is offline

Default Design for the dump?

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
KD7HB wrote:
The whole idea of repairable consumer electronics is based on
ignorance of what is involved.

Yeah, nowadays it's cheaper to throw it away anyway.

But when I was your age, stuff actually _was_ consumer-repairable,
but consumers were a lot smarter back then.

Thanks,
Rich

Yes, between 1986 and 1996 I repaired 11,000 VCRs, by 1995 I saw the
price was getting so low that it would not be long and I wouldn't get a
fair price to repair them. My thought process was, move to Florida or
get into repair of DVD players, (they were the new thing). I moved to
Florida,
I'm glad I did, the price of DVDs came down quick.
MikeK