Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Design for the dump?

On Nov 14, 12:21*am, KD7HB wrote:

.. We can do that because we
have the documentation, test equipment, and knowledge to do it. We do
not have documentation and test fixtures to repair and test other
companies devices. So, most consumer products are not repairable
because no one but the manufacture has that ability.

Unlike the radios and TV sets of the 1940-60's, the electronic
manufactures do not release documentation to repair their devices, nor
do they have spare or replacement parts kits.

Paul

What is surprising to be is that the electronic manufacturers do not
release the documentation. I would think it would not cost a lot to
do so. No actual printing needed, just release the information via a
web site. I agree it would not be a profit center, but it would
influence me as to what to buy. I currently have a digital voltmeter
that has the AC millivolt range not working. I opened it up and found
the pcb has a Mastech label. I contacted Mastech but got no answer to
my query for a schematic. So black mark against Mastech. Can't even
get information on calibration although there are several pots visible
on the pcb.

Dan