Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default 75th Rangers ( Gunner's unit in Vietnam), was Fast track to inequality....

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:39:55 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 17:35:35 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 01:22:56 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Gunner, you really need to quit smokin', right now, totally and
forever, set the example if you're surrounded by smokers, no excuses
or you don't have a hair on your ass worth saving.

Im in the middle of trying ...again.

Lets see what happens...again.

Gunner, you forgot. It's easy to quit. It's a decision which has to
be made, so make it and forget it. Piece of cake.

(Be sure to have plenty of sugarfree gum on hand for the oral
fixation.)

I agree. Larry J has it nailed. The hard part is honestly deciding
to be done with the habit. You've done far more difficult things,
once determined to do them. Some can smoke and get away with it, die
of something else, but your cardiac history proves that you're not
among them. And, it's expensive. Smokes were 19 cents a pack when I
was in the Army, now they're 6 bux a pack here. That's almost a gun a
month.

I didn't chew gum, use patches or drugs. I just ****ing quit on 12 May
2008.

My young neighbors on both sides then quit before end of 2008, though
I truthfully told them I didn't mind if they smoked in my presence.

They say the occasional urge to light up goes away after 13 years or
so. G