Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Laser printer eating toner

In article , Steve Walker
writes
TheOldFellow wrote:
I've got a Xerox 6110N colour laser printer, all of a sudden it's
started to eat cyan toner - even if there is no cyan in the pages.
Looking at the mechanism there is a lot of cyan toner about, and
the waste tank is full of it - it's clearly just not regulating it
properly.

At the same time its suddenly started making a loud clack-clack
noise when printing, as if it's trying to shake something.

Has anyone any experience of these kind of things. The cost of a
replacement Imaging Unit is far more than a new printer. (And I
know they have a bad reputation thanks, too late)

I'm tempted to start taking the 'no user serviceable parts' Imaging
Unit apart just to see if I can fix it.

Then the next question, can anyone recommend a Networked Colour
Laser Printer?

http://www.ijtdirect.co.uk/?sct=dell1320cn

Bought one about 2 months ago.
Brand new sealed Dell unit, works beautifully.

I can recommend that printer for low volume use but think it's worth
repeating previous warnings about that supplier. They are unrepentant
email, phone and fax spammers with a generally dubious reputation. I'd
guess that their interpretation of 'free' printer, as advertised, means
no warranty or rather they'll happily refund the cost of the printer in
case of complaint, ie zero.

If you must deal with these people then use a disposable email address,
it will be spammed and they will not stop, do not give them a real phone
number and do not give them a mobile or fax number at all.

Going rate for the Dell 1320CN is £128 inc vat. I got mine from CPC who
I know can be relied on to sort me out in case of problems and I am
happy to use consumables from http://www.consumablecafe.co.uk/ who sell
a full set of compatible carts for 62quid. No affiliation to either.
--
fred