Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adam Aglionby Adam Aglionby is offline

Default Security cameras and DVR

On Nov 13, 8:34*am, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"lori lane" wrote in message

Agree about spider webs and bacjscatter from lens mounted ir rings,
alos obliteratesn number plates after dark :-(

Lets try this on a keyboard not half balanced on the bench ;-)

Isn't that just the poor dynamic range of the recorder and/or display.

Its specifically number plates, they are retroreflectors, light goes
straight back way it came, in this instamce from right around the
lens, rest of pic is fine , blooming number plate is a white blazing
blob :-(

I have seen IP cameras that can cope with that sort of contrast but I don't
know what make they are.
Mine don't have IR illumination and just use a PIR light with a low energy
lamp for illumination.

PIR lights are good, but in my case extended CCTV after they used the
PIRs to allow better use of bolt crops :-(

Its not as though I want to covertly collect evidence of a crime, I want to
stop then doing the crime in the first place.

I check the overnight pics every day , nature of place means some
people are in late at night but looking for unexpected visitors making
more than one visit.

Bolt cutter crew did a reccy the night before, existing CCTV was too
poor to get a clear image, as it was the two blob shapes did get,
helped cops confirm their own suspicions.

Do put up some sort of CCTV sign with contact details if its
commercial premises. Laminator and this is handy

http://www.online-sign.com

Cheers
Adam