Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Security cameras and DVR

On Nov 13, 9:37 am, R D S wrote:
As more and more businesses in my area are robbed at I have decided it's
time to get some cameras.

Any recommendations for cameras and a recorder appreciated.

A cheap solution is to use an existing computer, with up to four
cards handling up to four cameras each. Either the cards are
installed in the computer or plugged into a USB port. Probably USB1 is
not good enough, and the computer should have at least 80 Gb of hard
drive.

You should decide whether you are going to record at night, and if so
whether the lighting is good or you can use sensor lights. The
infrared lights on most cameras are disappointing and only light up a
few metres.

If you have cameras inside a shop, keep them low, at face height or
lower.