Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Laser printer eating toner

I've got a Xerox 6110N colour laser printer, all of a sudden it's started
to eat cyan toner - even if there is no cyan in the pages. Looking at
the mechanism there is a lot of cyan toner about, and the waste tank is
full of it - it's clearly just not regulating it properly.

At the same time its suddenly started making a loud clack-clack noise
when printing, as if it's trying to shake something.

Has anyone any experience of these kind of things. The cost of a
replacement Imaging Unit is far more than a new printer. (And I know
they have a bad reputation thanks, too late)

I'm tempted to start taking the 'no user serviceable parts' Imaging Unit
apart just to see if I can fix it.

Then the next question, can anyone recommend a Networked Colour Laser
Printer?

R.