Posted to uk.d-i-y
RoundSquare RoundSquare is offline

Default Removing transit wax from ceramic tiles

Anyone got any tips on how to remove the wax that has been dabbed on all 4
corners of every tile?

The last time I had tiles put up the transit wax was 4 sort of spiral shapes
in each corner that more or less just fell off when you touched it but these
tiles which are textured seem to have the wax smeared in.

I've tried hot soapy water which has been a bit of hit and miss. Some bit
will wipe off with a second going over of hot soapy water but the vast
majority it didn't touch.

I've tried Autosmarts Tardis which is a glue and tar dissolver and works
great on the car but was useless on the tiles.

I've tried Lithofin easy care which has been as effective as soapy water.

I've just bought LTP's grimex but not had a chance to use it yet.

Any tips or suggestions?