Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default 75th Rangers ( Gunner's unit in Vietnam), was Fast track to inequality....

On 2010-11-11, wrote:
On Nov 11, 2:13?am, wrote:

So believe anything you want. I'm just saying after hearing this guy for
years I don't believe him, ever.

Hawke

What is the word for someone who has already made up their mind? Oh
yes, Prejudiced.

The only way to find out would be to ask historians of the 75th. They
could definitively answer whether Gunner could serve in RVN in
1971-1973 under any name.

I do not prejudice myself either way, I do not believe that he served
based on what I heard, but I do not dismiss the possibility of that,
either.

It would be different if the only thing that we questioned is Gummer's
military service record. But it's not. It's all kinds of other things
that he's said that you wonder about. Like him saying he had an IQ in
the 150 range, and that he could bench press 400 pounds. There's lots
more too. So it's not just one little thing that makes him not credible.
It's lots of things.
What I'm saying is that if it was just one thing that would not be
something I would normally doubt. But when it's so many questionable
things I start thinking none of it is true. Why do I think like that?
I've known lots of liars. One thing about them is that they don't just
lie about one thing. They lie about everything even when it's
meaningless they lie. So anyone can believe as much or as little of what
Gummer says. At this point I treat everything he says as if it's all
made up until I get some kind of outside verification. The rest of you
can believe every word. It doesn't matter to me.

Hawke