Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

Thanks, Nate. Me, I'd like to see a lot less regulation which prevents
US companies from drilling. Open ANWR, open the gulf of Mexico, and
off the ocean coasts. Drill, baby, drill!

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"N8N" wrote in message
On Nov 10, 7:37 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I havn't got any proof. But, I think it's possible that the farming,
transporting, and distilling uses more energy than what the ethanol
produces. So, we may be actually increasing our consumption of
fossil
fuels.

There was a big feature in I think Smithsonian? Or Nat'l Geographic?
a couple years ago that said just that. In some cases you're right,
in some cases it's a wash, and in a very few cases E-fuels actually
showed a net benefit. Now that is only true for the US; in South
America where you can grow sugar cane it definitely is worthwhile to
use ethanol instead of gasoline.

I hope that things have changed since then as I really would like to
see a viable alternative to fossil fuels...

nate