Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

George wrote:
On 11/10/2010 5:39 PM, wrote:
On Nov 10, 11:30 am, wrote:
wrote:
Cars run fine on CNG compressed natural gas. I have a friend who
convereted both of his vehicles back in 72 just after the first oil
crisis. Vehicles have a little less power but run fine, exhaust is
super clean. and his vehicles are pre computer. They are actually
dual fuel and run on gasoline too with the flick of one switch.

The trouble with oil, we as a nation are shipping our wea;th
overseas to buy oil from people who hate us.

We get most of our oil from Canada& Mexico; they don't hate us
(well, maybe some in Mexico...).

While we ship our jobs overseas to get them done cheap. Is it any
wonder our economy is collapsing?

Look at health care being such a BIG part of our economy. Its
percentage wouldnt be so large if we had more manufacturing.......

There's the story of the fellow who invented a magic box that could
"read" X-Rays. Hospitals would electronically transmit digitized
X-Rays to him, his box would read the X-Ray and send a full report
back to the originating hospital within two hours. For this
service, he charged the hospital $40 instead of the $400 charged by
a radiologist. Skeptical, many hospitals had the same X-ray read by this
entrepreneur's service and a staff radiologist. The differences in
the two reports were inconsequential.

Many people benefited. The inventor, of course, but also the
hospital and the patients.

But the radiologists were screwed. They complained.

The state medical board moved to charge the inventor with
"Unlicensed practice of medicine" and felonious moperty.
Investigations were held. Come to find out, there was no "magic box."
The businessman was
simply forwarding the digitized X-ray to a radiologist in India who
performed HIS magic and emailed back the result.

The above story is fiction, but it could happen. If it did, how
does the "keep jobs in America" mantra hold up?

Many hospitals are doing that today.. X rays and other diagnostics
read bby foreign doctors including china

Well it is important to note the poster of the "magic box" story.

We have two local hospital systems and both have minimal staff
radiologists during the day and at other times and for routine stuff
their offshore contract radiologists do the work.

Nothing new and has been going on for a long time.

Yeah, well... it was an old story.