Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

On 11/10/2010 11:05 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Nov 10, 7:25 am, wrote:
On 11/9/2010 7:53 PM, wrote:

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 12:58:58 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Yah, sure...no problem except that in Alberta we can't even get E5 let
alone E85. We're supposed to have E5 by Dec. 13/2010 but I would bet
on it.
==

Consider yourself lucky. There are a lot more problems caused by E
fuels that get fixed by them.
It is basically a farm subsidy anyway. We are burning food in our
cars.

Sure, but it is important to keep the SUVs operating. It just wouldn't
make any sense to consider fuel efficiency when you need a fluffed up
truck to haul yourself and a large beverage around...

What's a fluffed up truck? Does my 1998 Honda CRV qualify?
I haul myself, but rarely a beverage, because when I'm driving,
I'm driving, not drinking or talking on the phone, or checking my
hair. (Quick check--yes, it's still there.)

Fluffed up truck is a vehicle built on a truck platform and sold as a
"car" such as the "yukon denali XLBG" or whatever. I think your vehicle
could fit inside the typical fluffed up truck...

Sure, I could get by most of the time with a smaller car, and
did for quite some time, but when it snows I had the devil's
own time getting out of my upward-sloping driveway, and
used to get stuck at work because my employer is too
cheap to have the parking lot plowed in a timely fashion.
I'm getting too damned old to dig my car out.

Cindy Hamilton