Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

On 11/10/10 08:00 am, wrote:

Cars run fine on CNG compressed natural gas. I have a friend who
convereted both of his vehicles back in 72 just after the first oil
crisis. Vehicles have a little less power but run fine, exhaust is
super clean. and his vehicles are pre computer. They are actually dual
fuel and run on gasoline too with the flick of one switch.

When I left Australia almost 25 years ago, many taxis and other fleet
vehicles had been converted to run on LPG/CNG (with a cylinder in the
trunk), but a large part of the savings was that LPG did not carry the
taxes that gasoline did. I don't know whether it ever came to pass, but
many people predicted that once LPG use became significant heavy taxes
would be imposed on it to match those on gasoline: the roads have to be
paid for somehow.

I have no idea about taxes on LPG in the USA.

Perce