Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Billington David Billington is offline

Default Source for ABB ACS drive repair manual / schematic?

Dave H. wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote...

AB is Allen Bradley. ABB is a swedish outfit.

ABB has a factory near here that makes water meters.

They have factories everywhere it seems, perhaps from buying up smaller
outfits? I think the head office is in Switzerland, probably for tax reasons
as I assume it'd be a bit expensive to manufacture the stuff there!

Dave H.

Dave,

Have a look here for some background
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ABB_Group . ASEA were Swedish, and Brown
Boveri and Cle were Swiss so I guess the just stayed largely where they
were.

The corporate affairs is interesting as the purchase of US company
Combustion Engineering almost bankrupted them because of asbestos
liabilities, I wonder if they turned that up in due diligence prior to
purchase.