Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default LCD conductive tape

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 18:09:44 +0900, "Michael Kennedy"
wrote:

I wonder if there is a living to be made by a native English speaker
technical author contacting these Chinese and HK companies and charging
for
tidying up their "english"

Actually yes, at least in Japan there is. I don't have any expirence in
China, but I know for a fact here in Japan there are jobs for native
speakers all over the place in correcting "Engrish"..

Mike

Probably, if it was reasonably priced. On a somewhat related note, I
recently met a middle-aged Brit lady who lives on Lantau in HK. One of
her part-time income streams is short term contracts where she is
flown to a factory on the mainland and she tries on their prototype
bras and offers feedback on fit, support etc. Fairly lucrative by the
hour, if one is the type of woman who can't run without suffering two
black eyes...