Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

On 11/9/2010 10:00 PM, Roy wrote:
On Nov 9, 7:33 pm, wrote:
........ wrote:
Dear Everyone,
as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while
the oil supply is decreasing.

Not exactly true. While the price of oil IS increasing, it is still way
below its price of the '70s. Further, the oil supply is not decreasing.
Proven reserves increase every year, sometimes dramatically.

Moreover Oil
is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases.

Oil only indirectly cause wars. Hitler invaded Russia over oil, Japan
attacked the U.S. because of oil. But oil was only the symptom. The real
reason was a need for energy. If Russia had supplied Germany with all the
oil it could use - or if the U.S. had done the same with Japan - war could
have been averted.

Had war in those two cases been averted, we'd no doubt be a worse position
today.

By upgrading your car to flex fuel, you will continue to be able to
use oil. However you will also have the
opportunity to use E85, that means more freedom of choice. The
conversion cost is about 200-250 USD.

So you want us to spend money to be able to use more expensive fuel?

Let me think...

==
My Dodge Grand Caravan is supposedly ready for E85 fuel. I can't test
it as E85 is NOT available as yet.
==
For vehicles not converted to use these new blends I hear of nothing
but problems so before switching I would sure read up on them.
==

maybe it's not available in a reasonable distance from YOU. It's all
over the midwest.

--
Steve Barker