Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default New House/Shop becoming a reality

On 11/8/2010 5:27 PM, Leon wrote:

I "think" every thing that might be delayed by weather has been done
already. Basically all the roofing is complete, the windows are in and the
insulation is going in today. Stone was delivered today and brick was
supposed to be delivered today. It is to this point in 20 days. They
project another 43 days to closing. As it is it appears the inspections may
be the delay although they have not been a problem so far. I really do
expect to have the keys in my hands on 12/21.

Based on what I saw today, plus the number of starts in the area
(meaning the subs are really cranking), I would expect you're correct,
and maybe a few days sooner.

Rough-in for all trades is done and that generally eats up the time (but
the run up to, and the World Cup itself, is already over, so you're
lucky on that score!), and you're a bit too early for everyone to head
South for the Christmas holidays, although you're on the cusp.

Once the drywall is in, flooring, trim carpenters, and painters should
move quickly (although not concurrently, like the trades obviously did).

Electrical and Plbg trim-out should go fast, as fixtures and locations
are standardized. (Tile guys are about the only thing I see that could
slow things down in the normal course of events, but that should be
minimum impact overall).

Remaining exterior work, masonry, and the flatwork will go on
concurrently with the above.

My prediction ... COO could easily be five weeks from today.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010