Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF (metal) 95 LED flashlight, reviewed

I do have a couple of the three watt bulbs. The ones that came
installed are crisp pure white. The ones sold separately have a blue
tint. In any case, the 95 LED was a "what the heck and try it out"
purchase. I don't reccomend it to anyone. Like I say, with $30 I'd buy
a mag, and a couple box of batteries.

Having used 9 LED lights with three AAA cells, I assure you the 95 LED
has at least two or three f'stops more light.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Don Foreman" wrote in message

..490 amps at 4.5 volts (three fresh D cells) is 2.2 watts. A single
Luxeon or Cree LED with a suitable reflector or refractor would make a
considerably better flashlight.

Lookin' at made-in-China economy, as in support your outsourcer with
your biz and hope for change in unemployment while our prez is
kissing asses in India and Asia, 95 LED's running on 4.5 volts at
..490 amps is still ridiculous. That's 23 milliwatts per LED. Even
ordinary 5mm white LED's can handle 160 milliwatts each, no problem. I
doubt that this flashlight provides any better illumination than one
with 10 LED's, running off of 3 AAA cells, available for 5 bux.

There is a 3-watt Luxeon "bulb" replacement available for Mag lights.
It's a drop in, and the performance is quite impressive. They're
available at Wal-Mart.