Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

On 11/5/2010 11:20 PM, Larry Fishel wrote:
8,10,12 and 14mm are common on Japanese motorcycles. Most odd metric
sizes are not uncommon either.
I don't recall EVER running across a 9mm bolt anywhere, but I could be
wrong.

On the other hand I have a cheap socket set that not only has 9mm, but
4.5, 5.5, 6.5 and I think 7.5... They're a waste of space for the most
part.

You might come across those odd metric sizes in imported electrical and
electronic items. I see odd sizes in tape players, VCR's and other types
of electromechanical gadgets.

Some of the half sizes, but a 9MM?

Jeff

TDD