Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Stewart Jim Stewart is offline

Default Digital Machinist - electronic version

Mark F wrote:
Just subscribed. Can't download or print.
Village Press claims copyright etc.

My questions:
1. I can copy pages of the print version for use in the shop. Why
not the digital version?

Because someone will post the digital version on
the internet and then a significant portion of his
customers would stop buying the print and digital
versions.

2. I can download and save and print the digital version of Circuit
Cellar magazine, why not DM?

Probably because Circuit Cellar ad revenue is much
greater than Digital Machinist. My wife sends
Steve C. a check for about $2400 every month for
the JK microsystems ads so I have some experience
in that matter (:

If you want to talk to the owner of Village Press,
send me an email. He's a friend of mine and I can
put you in touch with him.

I found that I CAN capture the screen image and print / save same for
the pages I want which solves my problem for now, but I'd much rather
save a pdf so I can refer to ANY article at will, without having to
link to the publisher's site.

Install Cute PDF and print to that.

Bit backward, no?