Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default HF (metal) 95 LED flashlight, reviewed

On Mon, 08 Nov 2010 01:45:48 -0600, Don Foreman
wrote:

Lookin' at made-in-China economy, as in support your outsourcer with
your biz and hope for change in unemployment while our prez is
kissing asses in India and Asia,

WTF is he doing there, telling them how he'll allow 4,000% more Moslem
H1B workers (with specially insulated vests and timers) to enter the
country between now and his total demise in 2012?

95 LED's running on 4.5 volts at
.490 amps is still ridiculous. That's 23 milliwatts per LED. Even
ordinary 5mm white LED's can handle 160 milliwatts each, no problem. I
doubt that this flashlight provides any better illumination than one
with 10 LED's, running off of 3 AAA cells, available for 5 bux.

There is a 3-watt Luxeon "bulb" replacement available for Mag lights.
It's a drop in, and the performance is quite impressive. They're
available at Wal-Mart.

I got the regular white LED replacement for my maglite and love it.

Q: How long do 2AA maglite batteries last with a 3W Luxeon in 'em?

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck