Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default OT - New House - now way off topic ...

On Nov 6, 5:46Â*pm, "
wrote:
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:45:42 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour
wrote:

On Nov 6, 10:57 am, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"RicodJour" wrote

On 11/6/2010 8:13 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:IKSdnbkx_cr4zUjRnZ2dnUVZ_u-
:

Welcome to the United Corporations of America, backed by a Congress
which keeps getting itself re-elected by an ignorant, easily
manipulated electorate. A land where the "right" of _everyman_ to
vote will be its eventual kiss of death.

Well said.

Basically, I've had it, Han ...

I present to you that the electorate ... voters who can knowingly send
to Congress a proven LIAR of the first magnitude; a despicable, base,
lying lawyer who cheapened, without outrage from the media or public,
the service of every combat veteran who ever served this country ....
represent a country not long in standing.

Sorry, Karl, don't know which one of the 1000 or so liars you are talking
about here. I know of one CT guy who did some such thing, but I'm not
sure how really bad his statements were. Remember, I hesitated just a
tiny bit when coming to the US in '69 because I didn't agree with the
Vietnam policies of that time.

Let's be honest - truth is subjective. I don't care about where
someone puts their penis, whether they have one, or even if they are
one, as long as they can work with people and get the job done.

As a project manager once said to the room full of us, "We have to get
this stuff done and get the CO. Make the decisions, get it done,
we'll give you your beatings later."

Northing subjective about a lie. It is or it isn't.

Depends on the lie, doesn't it? Â*Bill Clinton's "I did not have sex
with that woman" was, strictly speaking, not a lie. Â*Everybody in the
world would consider a BJ to be sex, but that's not the definition.

Ah, then by your definition gay sex is oxymoronic. Â*I think you'll find that
you're the only one on the planet, other than BJ Clinton, who uses such a
narrow definition of "sex".

It is not my definition, it is the idiom. 'Sex' and 'have sex' are
two different things.

sex €‚/sÉ›ks/
€”Idiom
8. to have sex, to engage in sexual intercourse.

Other definitions use words like vaginal to also restrict the
defintion.

Bill Clinton is no dummy and he was treading a fine line, but he did
not lie in that specific answer. Yes, of course, everyone knows he
was playing with words, and he was using his superior knowledge of the
language in an attempt to cover up his intern-ing. In other words, he
knew the question that was being asked, knew that his answer did not
_technically_ constitute a lie in answer to that question - and also
that he was not answering the question the way almost anyone else
would answer it.

That's my point. He lied and he didn't lie, but it doesn't matter to
me as it was and is between him and his wife. There was a Prime
Minister of France, forget which one - maybe Jacques Chirac, when
confronted by a reporter about whether a particular woman was his
mistress, responded, "Yes, what of it?" That was the start and end of
the 'scandal'. No stupid 24/7 coverage, no investigations, no
moralizing - no distraction from real issues.