Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

On 2010-11-06, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

11/16 works well on a 17mm nut. Over time though, any wrench used on the
wrong size will eventually damage the nut or bolt head. OK in an emergency,
but only a hack would do it on a regular basis.

....or a po' boy, who can't afford the luxury of a whole roll-away w/ two
different standards of wrench sets!

When I was jes a young cuss, I used to delight on how much I
could do with how little. I swear, I could almost tear down my first
real motorcycle, a Matchless 500 thumper, with a couple crescent (adj)
wrenches, a hammer, and a pair of channel-locks.

nb