Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Meat Plow[_5_] Meat Plow[_5_] is offline

Default help ID this LCD Tv!

On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 11:01:55 -0700, b wrote:

On Nov 6, 2:37Â*pm, b wrote:
A neighbour brought me this TV to have a look at. No name badge, and
the label at the back just has safety warnings. He has lost the PSU so
I opened it up. Here are the pics:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3wawxq7ymw...ediafire.com/?

qnnb96eqf8oyfpnhttp://www.mediafire.com/?bo4euo5dbm9ika1http://
http://www.mediafire.com/?py62n3kngj...ediafire.com/?
x977hv9i3xzy06g

the screen/display is a Sharp LQ150X1, seems quite common. Not so sure
about the signal pcb and inverter though.Perhaps some kind soul could
ID it and let me know what voltage and polarity (if DC) are needed.
cheers,

update, a bit of continuity testing gave me the polatity of the plug, so
I hit it with 12v and it worked.
Would still like to know the maker though so I can programme a universal
remote.
-B

Most universals have a mode where you can click through every code known
to the universal. When you click through them and finally the TV comes on
you hit the jackpot. I had to do this once with a TV that was not listed
in the code book but did follow the codes of another brand.