Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry W Larry W is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

In article ,
wrote:
On Fri, 5 Nov 2010 19:19:08 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I've had to buy the separate 15 MM for vehicle work. Also 18 MM
(rather close to 11/16) for removing front wheel hubs on GM products.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

18mm is standard ANSI/ISO nut size. 15mm is not. What vehicle, and
where?

15mm is not a common standard nut or bolt hex size, but it will sometimes
be used for a flange nut or flanged hex head bolt. I don't recall right
now if I've seen it used for a plain hex nut or bolt, but the size
is definitely used on many vehicles.