Posted to alt.home.repair
LSMFT LSMFT is offline

Default Why do they skip sizes of metric combo wrenches?

Jules Richardson wrote:
On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:32:22 +0000, Red Green wrote:

Be it Sears, HF, HD, etc.

They often go 6,7,8,10,11,12...

Not always in larger sets. But like who would buy an SAE set of any size
if it ran from say 3/8 to 3/4 without a 9/16?

Depends what's missing, I suppose. I used to rarely find things that were
11mm. 8, 10 and 13mm were very common, and everything else somewhere
inbetween.

Personally I like having at least a couple of everything in a variety of
socket depths and drive sizes.

cheers

Jules

15mm is used on bicycle wheels, never in metric sets. You have to go buy
it separately like many others.

Did you ever find a nut that was neither metric nor SAE? I have.

--
LSMFT