Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Bandsaw blade recommendations

Wow, I have just the opposite results. The olsons when resawing don't
cut nearly as well as the timberwolfs. The timberwolf tracks straighter,
and cuts easier.

I guess that's why there are many vendors, what works for one may not
work for another.

On 11/4/2010 10:04 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In , Gordon wrote:
I just ordered a Jet 14" band saw and believe I will need to get one
or more additional blades for specific purposes.

I looked through several threads, some as old as four years, about
Band saw blade recommendations. One brand, Timberwolf, was praised by
some and jeered by others. What are your opinions today?

I'll never buy another Timberwolf again -- I get significantly better cut
quality from Olson blades at less than half the price.