Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RBnDFW RBnDFW is offline

Default which .45 cal?

On 11/4/2010 8:15 PM, wrote:
What brand/model reasonably priced Colt .45 style pistol would you
recommend? Good quality of course. My nephew is starting his research
into them and wants some suggestions.

Any of the Phillipine guns from Armscor or SAM work fine. I like the
High Standard best for the understated markings.
A step up for about $500 would be the Remington R1.
Also, same money, Springfield GI.

All of these are A1 military configuration, so don't have the upgrades
like beavertail, ambi safety or enlarged ejection port.

If you want the upgrades, buy one of those that already have them.
American Classic is one.
Taurus can be found under $500 if you shop.

Of course, this is just the first one. Always is. G