Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default which .45 cal?

On Fri, 05 Nov 2010 07:41:31 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 23:52:31 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 23:06:47 -0500, Ignoramus30154
wrote:

Do you know that a typical 9mm bullet has 90% of the energy of a .45
ACP bullet?

But only Half the stopping power. Or slightly less.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/849728/posts 20% different
http://www.alpharubicon.com/leo/calloadgoshin.htm 4-12% different
That said, in a fight, my druthers: a 1911 over my Keltec P-11.

Energy ratings are not the entire composition of a good bullet/cartridge
design for use on human beings.

Which is why few police departments carry the 9 anymore.

What does it matter, the way cops (can't) aim?

Some cops cant, its true. But lots of cops can aim well enough to hit
their opponents.

http://social.jrank.org/pages/1333/L...Shootings.html

On the other hand...they occasionally shoot when they shouldnt...

http://dogblog.dogster.com/2010/10/0...-own-backyard/

(Note its Oakland, California...so trigger happy cops are expected)

Gunner

--
"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't