Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve Lusardi Steve Lusardi is offline

Default How Long Would You Leave It In The Freezer

Bob,
Have you considered that the taper may be off? It is NOT uncommon. I suggest you do a Prussian blue test. It could be one or both
of the mating bits may be Chinese?
Steve

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message ...
Hey Pete, You suggested freezing an arbor and then fitting to get a good engagement. I'm not having any issue with the taper
to drill press after degreasing, but the taper to chuck is still an issue. I thought I might try freezing the arbor and fitting
it to the chuck. That's gotta be a better alternative than green loctite sleeve locker. So, how long would you leave the arbor
in the freezer to get the metal down to the lowest core temp possible? Freezer is set at 0F and ambient is in the high 70s
right now.