Mike in Mystic

Default How Long Do You Wait

I usually try to wait at least 2 weeks, but I've done it as fast as 2-3
days. It does make a difference. The best approach is to actually put the
piece in it's actual location to be used and wait several weeks for it to
acclimate. Some things are simply too big to move around a lot, and I find
once something is in the house it get's used, so I have backed off from that
and just play it by ear. I don't tend to want the shiniest of finishes
anyway, so rubbing it out a bit premature doesn't bother me as much as it
might others.

Mike

"stoutman" .@. wrote in message news:1yTOb.83730$Rc4.301394@attbi_s54...
How long do you let your poly (final coat) cure before smoothing out with
0000 steel wool or pumice?

I don't have very much patience with finishes. I want it finished
yesterday. I like the look of poly after it's finished with pumice. Is

48
hours enough? Flexner says wait at least a month in Understanding Wood
Finishes. How long do you wait??