Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jay[_4_] jay[_4_] is offline

Default File coarseness

On Nov 4, 5:32*pm, jay wrote:
On Nov 4, 4:53*pm, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Phil Kangas wrote:

wrote in message
On Nov 4, 1:58 am, jay wrote:

Also I don't remember having ever used a file
that the handle would
stay on. I probably have but just don't remember
it. The files I buy
will probably not have handles. Who makes an
after market handle
that stays on. Maybe I should buy the cheapest
wooden ones &
epoxy them in place. I assume that would work.
No?

Thanks for any info, JD

I use golf balls for file handles. *Just drill a
hole that the small
end of the tang will fit into. *They stay in
place.

* * * Dan

Just watch out for the liquid filled center ones!
phil

* *SHHHH!!!

enough left over to pay them.

Back to my original post, Are there any preferences for Simonds vs.
Nicholson or anyother brand? I hope that's not a troll question like
Fords or Chevys.
Thanks, JD

I would like to buy a set of files & not waste a lot of $ on files of
different lengths of ~ the same coarseness. Or buy individual files to
meet my needs, but that would probably be more expensive.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, JD