Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default OT - Pure Gas

On Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:44:26 -0700, the renowned Rich Grise
wrote:

Steve W. wrote:

The thing that amazes me about some of the "green" folks is how they
complain about genetically modified foods and then talk about using more
corn to produce ethanol.
Guess they don't realize that the "corn" we have today is a completely
genetically modified item regardless of where they get the seeds.

"Corn" as we know it never existed until it was selectively bred through
the years, it's original form was a 2-3' tall grass that only grew in
Mexico.

They don't understand that "selective breeding" IS "genetic engineering."

They get images of monks in monasteries, patiently hand-pollinating selected
plants, vs. some "evil scientist" in a lab coat, surrounded with glassware,
doing some sort of witch's brew experiments in test tubes, and raving,

"It's Alive! IT'S ALIVE!!!! Bwahahahahahaaaaa!!"

Thanks,
Rich

So, if you believe it's the same thing, and therefor safe, explain WTF
kind of selective breeding will lead to mixing MOUSE GENES with CORN?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany