Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bob La Londe Bob La Londe is offline

Default How Long Would You Leave It In The Freezer

Hey Pete, You suggested freezing an arbor and then fitting to get a good
engagement. I'm not having any issue with the taper to drill press after
degreasing, but the taper to chuck is still an issue. I thought I might try
freezing the arbor and fitting it to the chuck. That's gotta be a better
alternative than green loctite sleeve locker. So, how long would you leave
the arbor in the freezer to get the metal down to the lowest core temp
possible? Freezer is set at 0F and ambient is in the high 70s right now.