Mike Tomlinson

Default Advice on bathroom lighting in shallow false ceiling

In article ,
writes

How much light should one need in a 2.5 metre by 1.5 metre bathroom
with virtually no outside light (it just has a narrow window onto a
stairwell)? I guess the choices are 6 x 20 watt, 6 x 35 watt or 6 x
50 watt.

6?! Better budget on a pair of sunglasses then. We put 3 x 20w in our
2m x 2m bathroom and that is perfectly adequate.

By the way, as the lights are low voltage, fed using a proper (not
electronic) transformer, and the bulbs are sealed, I didn't worry about
IP4x ratings and stuck in "normal" eyeball fittings, including the one
above the shower. We originally wanted (mains) wall lights but I
couldn't find any IP rated ones in a design that I actually liked.

--
A. Top posters.