Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default OT - Pure Gas

On 11/3/2010 1:09 PM, spaco wrote:
I don't think 10% ethanol should give more than about a 5% increase in
fuel use. Ethanol has about 1/2 the btu's of straight gasoline. So, if
10% of the fuel burns twice as fast, and the other 90% burns at the
"Pure Gas" rete, you have 95% of the fuel economy by volume.

----I don't like the idea of turning food into fuel either. Corn, which
used to sell for around $2.50/bushel is currently going for around $5.00
around here. That's gotta hurt the price of fed beef, corn bread and
corn syrup and on and on and on.

Pete Stanaitis

In my '07 Subaru, I get about 24 mpg using 10% alcohol scam gas. Using
regular unleaded, I get about 28 mpg.

David