Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default OT - Pure Gas

Steve W. wrote:
TwoGuns wrote:
On Nov 3, 10:24 pm, wrote:
Number 2 yellow field corn IS what is fed to the animals we eat. A LOT
of it.
It IS the same stuff that goes into ethanol.

Pete Stanaitis

Otherwise referred to as "dent" corn. Sweet corn is the common table
fare at BBQ's etc.
DL

Dent corn is also what is used to make flour, grits, corn meal, high
fructose corn syrup, and many other human consumed items.

Yup. After extensive processing.
You won't see dent corn, per se, for sale in your local supermarket.

Sweet corn is what you eat as frozen corn, corn on the cob, and creamed
corn.

Yup.

It's also the corn that you see on the trade and futures markets as
"exported corn"

That'll be what I learned today.

Using it to make a fuel additive which causes a LOT of problems is
stupid. BUT it does keep those politicians in the corn belt in office...

And allows us to kid ourselves that we are doing something effective
about our consumption of offshore oil. Makes me wonder why all the
harvesters, trucks and processing plants aren't alcohol - powered.

--Winston