Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default OT - Pure Gas

Number 2 yellow field corn IS what is fed to the animals we eat. A LOT
of it.
It IS the same stuff that goes into ethanol.

Pete Stanaitis

Winston wrote:
snip

Turns out that all corn (maize for our UK friends) isn't the same.

The kind that we produce now isn't 'eating corn' that we enjoy with
BBQ for example. The Monsanto variety must be extensively processed
before it becomes a food / fuel ingredient.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiCRwMMh9k8

I expect that it isn't a zero-sum game where an acre of real corn
cannot be planted because the land must be used for this new "corn".

We apparently can't get rid of the stuff quickly enough and any price
increase is made for entirely superficial reasons.

--Winston