Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
spaco spaco is offline

Default OT - Pure Gas

I don't think 10% ethanol should give more than about a 5% increase in
fuel use. Ethanol has about 1/2 the btu's of straight gasoline. So,
if 10% of the fuel burns twice as fast, and the other 90% burns at the
"Pure Gas" rete, you have 95% of the fuel economy by volume.

----I don't like the idea of turning food into fuel either. Corn, which
used to sell for around $2.50/bushel is currently going for around $5.00
around here. That's gotta hurt the price of fed beef, corn bread and
corn syrup and on and on and on.

Pete Stanaitis

Stormin Mormon wrote:
http://pure-gas.org/

Myself, and aparently many others. Find that the new "10% ethanol"
motor fuel gives about 15% less fuel mileage. I don't see a lot of
advantage to planting, harvesting and distilling to make a fuel that
provides less mileage. Wish I knew where to buy the old style
gasoline. Well, now, here is a list of stations that provide the old
style gasoline.

Now, you can know, also.