Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.puzzles,rec.woodworking

Default What is it? Weekend Edition 8

On Tue, 2 Nov 2010 04:24:10 -0700 (PDT), humunculus
wrote:

On Nov 2, 2:16*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
*or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
*caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,

What an offensive and narrow-minded quote. Does John Tucci really
believe that everyone in America has the opportunity to rise out of
poverty? Or, as Reagan used to say, "Anyone can grow up to be a
millionaire"? I sure hope I never get that limited a view of the
complexities of poverty. I grew out of it, and I attribute at least
50% of my success to blind luck, not life choices. Its anything but a
level playing field out there, no matter how much Tucci wants it to be
otherwise, in order to justify his point of view.

--riverman

Your opinion is indeed noted.

Gunner