Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gage block set question...

On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:40:00 -0500, Ignoramus27744
wrote:

But people can get sick and so, poverty is not always the
fault of the person. Usually it is, however.

Ergo, Gunner makes life choices, such as not wanting a 9-5 job, and so
he is in poverty. He is not forced into poverty, this is just the way
he wants to live, which is of course a free choice that I respect.

So you now suddenly agree with the sig. Fascinating.

As for my poverty...it should be noted that I was doing well enough
Before the Great Depression Part 2 occurred.

After it started..Ive lost...at minimum 16 clients..who are now empty
buildings. Their work is no more. Period. Finito. EnditEnditEndit.

2 more simply took their work to China/Far East/India

Another 12 or so, are no longer working 3 shifts a day, or even two..or
even a full 40 hours a week.

Hence my client base has declined significantly...really significantly.

Also..I am not the only such service guy suddenly short on work. There
are literally hundreds of other service guys in my industry who have
also lost clients..so they are competing with each other for the
remaining clients.

If things remain the same until the 1st of the year..I will have grossed
about $17k.

Out of this, I will have paid for the fuel for driving 45,000 miles and
the maintainence.

Plus the none changing things like elecricity, gas, water and so forth.

I made at least 2x-3x..gross before the Democrats sent the nation into
the toilet, based on my records over the past 14 yrs doing this.

Yes..I should have gotten a college degree a gazillion years ago. But I
was....a bit...driven in some respects. Shrug

But I will keep struggling along.

Btw...I get no state aid but the ex does get food stamps. I cover all of
her bills plus my own and of course..I was sued for about $187,000 worth
of medical bills that I unexpectedly ran up some 20 months ago..down
from the original $227,894.35
And payments for that come out of the $17k gross as well.

Whats poverty level for 2 people these days?

Gunner

"Confiscating wealth from those who have earned it, inherited it,
or got lucky is never going to help 'the poor.' Poverty isn't
caused by some people having more money than others, just as obesity
isn't caused by McDonald's serving super-sized orders of French fries
Poverty, like obesity, is caused by the life choices that dictate
results." - John Tucci,