Posted to uk.rec.cars.maintenance,rec.woodworking,uk.d-i-y
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default Workshop hoover bags and duct tape.

On 2 Nov, 10:57, "john hamilton" wrote:
Have an old Hitachi vacuum cleaner that I would like to now use around the
workshop. * But after having had a bagless one for a while, I'm now
reluctant to fork out 1.50 or so everytime for replacement paper bags.

I'm wondering if it's feasible to rig up some cheap substitutes for the
Hitachi paper bags, using good old duct tape and some imagination?

It wouldn't matter how rough and ready they are. Would a material from old
cotton sheets be suitable? Has anyone any experience of such a caper?

What about going the whole hog and making something like this:

http://lumberjocks.com/SimonSKL/blog/10097

to suck up the bulky stuff, then jerry-rig the hoover with a large car
or lorry air filter for fine filtration?

I use a Dyson DC04 for the occasional hoovering in the shed, but if I
wanted something permanent, I'd construct something like that, not
just because I'm cheap, err, I mean for the DIY satisfaction, but also
because washing the Dyson filters each time it's been in the shed is a
bit of a pain.