Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How often to change oil in compressor?

"Larry W" wrote
Without delay, change to synthetic.
Run the engine up to temperature on same dyno, half hour later, sample
and print.

...snipped...
133 HP to 137 HP.
I doubt it would show up on the quarter mile time, but hey, I was
surprised.

There may well be something to that, but it would not be unusual to
have a 4hp variation between runs even if NOTHING changed.

Back in the '70s I used to do a fair amount of tinkering with model airplane
and race car engines. Synthetics were fairly new at the time and we
experimented. It was common to pick up a few thousand rpm and use less oil
in the mix. Made me a believer, as did the ME that I did this stuff with.