Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How often to change oil in compressor?

blueman wrote:

Unfortunately not - it's a Harbor Freight so manual = minimalist
(though as I said in my original post I have paid back the original
$99 purchase price many times over just in the savings from not
having to call the sprinkler blowout guy)

Got it. I understand that. Is yours the $99 little horizontal tank
compressor? My son bought one of those and it has been a champ for what he
uses it for. Mostly air nailer stuff. It too was well worth the price.

- Also the manual says use "30 weight non-detergent oil". Can I use
the oil so labeled at an auto parts store or do I still need to buy
"special" compressor oil of that weight?

You can indeed use the motor oil in the auto parts stores. I would
use something like Mobil 1 myself, but regual motor oil is really
good enough.

Can you get Mobil 1 in a 30weight non-detergent?

I don't really know. My compressor recommends Mobil 1 and I never bothered
to worry about detergent or non detergent.

--

-Mike-