Posted to rec.woodworking
Josepi[_11_] Josepi[_11_] is offline

Default Best Off the Shelf Cabinets?

Bill was a top poster when he first came.

Pressure from the supertrolls caused him to change his style.

The posting style trolls are so paranoid people will not be like them they
spend more time on insulting than trying to decipher the posts. Some use
special browsers that attempt to assist them to decipher multiple indented
posts and attempt to associate the names with their text using multiple
colours and other techniques.

Crazy, huh? Sure is, when email styles and hard copy styles have
established formats since the beginning of time.

reference text below

"W" wrote in message
I went back to the message you objected to and turned on a stopwatch. I
read every word carefully, slowly, deliberately, and it took me 24 seconds.
Assuming someone was confused by the arrangement, I guess that might be a
minute. So to answer the question: I know because I tested it objectively.

But the other point is that if a message confronts you that you don't like -
for any reason including layout - you also have an option to just ignore it.
I do normally bottom post, and the only times I top post are when the
newsreader is not helping to arrange quoted text.