Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How often to change oil in compressor?

blueman wrote:

- Should the oil be replaced at regular intervals?

Should you read your owner's manual?

- If so, is there a good general rule of thumb for how freqently to
replace (either in terms of calendar time or usage)?

I bet that manual may just answer this question...

- Also the manual says use "30 weight non-detergent oil". Can I use
the oil so labeled at an auto parts store or do I still need to buy
"special" compressor oil of that weight?

You can indeed use the motor oil in the auto parts stores. I would use
something like Mobil 1 myself, but regual motor oil is really good enough.

--

-Mike-