Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How often to change oil in compressor?

"blueman" wrote

- Should the oil be replaced at regular intervals?

- Also the manual says use "30 weight non-detergent oil". Can I use the
oil so labeled at an auto parts store or do I still need to buy "special"
compressor oil of that weight?

Thanks

At work we change oil about every 1200 to 1500 hours. I don't think you are
close to that. Compressors don't get contamination the way internal
combustion engines do so the oil will last much longer. You don't need
special oil as regular 30 weight is recommended by the factory.